ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 26
ASICS has significantly re-designed the Kayano for the 26th version, updating the midsole, outsole, and upper - and has continued to firm up the ride a little bit as compared to the previous Kayanos. Here are the main changes:
ASICS GEL-Kayano 25 vs 26
- ASICS has changed the midsole to use a even more of their FlyteFoam technology - continuing the trend of a little lower, firmer ride
- The outsole has been redesigned again, but the change isn't likely to be felt underfoot
- The upper has been tweaked and the overall fit of the shoe is a little roomier, especially in the toebox
- Step-in feel has been improved to feel softer and plusher
- Overall feel, specifically in the forefoot, is firmer - there's noticeably less under your foot in the 26
- Stability remains unchanged, with the Kayano providing a nice stable platform and upper that works well for runners who need some amount of guidance
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!