ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 21
There are some pretty significant changes to the new ASICS GEL-Nimbus 21, which change the overall fit and feel of the shoe. Let's see how the new one fits, feels, and functions!
The new Nimbus is - in theory - ASICS' maximum-cushion neutral trainer. The 21 continues the departure from the long line of soft, pillowly Nimbus' and is even firmer than the the outgoing 20.
ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 20 vs 21!
- ASICS continues the trend towards a performance/responsive ride and away from a soft, protective ride
- The redesigned upper provides slightly more room in the toebox and creates a wider shoe overall
- The midsole has seen significant changes and the shoe is much more responsive/faster (and less cushioned)
- Like other recent ASICS updates, the midsole isn't as flexible as you might expect - the overall feel is a little slappy
- On the plus side, the shoe feels much better when running than it does upon initial step-in (which feels very firm)
To read the whole Phidippides review, click here!
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!