ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 22
The new Nimbus is - in theory - ASICS' maximum-cushion neutral trainer. The 22 moves back in the direction of the long line of soft, pillowly Nimbus' and is notably softer and higher than the outgoing 20.
ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 21 vs 22!
- ASICS gets back towards a soft, protective ride after a few versions of firmer rides
- The redesigned upper provides slightly less room in the toebox and creates a narrower shoe overall
- The midsole has seen significant changes and the shoe is much higher, softer, and has a much more protective feel
- Transition on the 22 is greatly improved - it feels much less "slappy" and has a good amount of flexibility
- The revised foam and improved flexibility goes a long way towards making the shoe feel lighter than it is - even though the 22 adds a little weight, it doesn't feel like it on-foot