New Balance Women's Fresh Foam Beacon 2
New Balance created a really unique new shoe with the original Beacon in 2018. Like Hoka Clifton or Nike React, the Beacon is New Balance's experiment into how soft and light their Fresh Foam can get. The result was a pretty amazing shoe, and the Beacon 2 doesn't deviate much from that original formula.
New Balance Beacon 1 vs Beacon 2
- The main change is to the upper! The most noticeable change is the heel, which now tapers away from your heel and is designed to reduce irritation on the achilles
- The toebox is a little more tapered at the very front but is wider overall than the original Beacon
- Weight has increased very slightly, but the new upper should be less moisture-retaining
- There are no major changes to the midsole, but the first batch we got in-store might feel a little softer
- New Balance has flared the midsole in the forefoot and slightly in the heel, creating a little wider platform
- Changes to the upper and slight midsole adjustments have made the shoe wider overall
Read the whole Phidippides Review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!