Saucony Men's Ride ISO 2
Saucony's standard-weight neutral trainer gets updated in the Ride ISO 2! With some pretty big changes to the midsole and outsole alongside tweaks to the upper, let's see how Saucony has updated their very popular trainer.
Saucony Ride ISO vs Ride ISO 2:
Saucony has made some key changes the shoe that have changed the fit, feel, and function. The midsole and outsole are new, and the upper has some changes as well.
- The big change is in the midsole and outsole - the Ride ISO 2 is softer and more flexible than the original ISO
- Visually, the new ISO 2 is significantly less stable than its predecessor. It remains to be seen whether the actual function of the shoe reflects what we're seeing in the store, but the soft foam and more flexible feel allows the foot to move without any guidance or support
- Saucony has done a great job in identifying the core competencies of each of their models and focusing on making those better. In the Ride, that's a soft, regular-weight trainer that has a good transition.
- The heel is more of a flat platform on the old Ride ISO, with the ISO 2 getting back to the smooth transition that the Ride 10 provided
- Sizing is pretty similar throughout, with the ISO 2 providing a little more room in the toebox - most notably with more depth
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!