Saucony Men's Guide ISO 2
- Successor to the Guide ISO
- EVERUNTM Topsole construction for enhanced energy return and continuous cushioning throughout the run
- Updated ISOFIT design creates a dynamic fit system by adapting to the shape and motion of the runner’s foot
- Jacquard engineered mesh upper for a dynamic, lightweight fit
- FORMFIT performance contoured footbed
- Helpful for runners who suffer from mild to severe pronation, or the over rotation of the ankle
The new Saucony Guide ISO 2! With some midsole, outsole, and upper changes, the Guide ISO 2 feels and fits different than the original Guide ISO
Saucony claims that the upper is the main change in the ISO 2, but the collection of changes that they've made end up altering aspects of the fit, feel, and even function of the Guide. Here are the main changes:
Saucony Guide ISO 2 vs Guide ISO
- Saucony has changed the upper to a jacquard mesh design, which does feel a little lighter and breathable than the old Guide ISO upper but is narrower and tighter overall.
- The main midsole change is that the higher density guidance foam on the ISO 2 is much softer, but the overall feel of the shoe is considerably firmer
- The firmer feel could be due to the upper change, a slight midsole tweak, or something in the outsole causing the shoe to feel less flexible
- The overall platform seems to have narrowed up a little bit
- Due to the narrower platform and less dense guidance material, the Guide ISO 2 is less stable than the original Guide ISO
- The new version is slightly lighter, but it's hard to notice that difference because of the stiffer nature of the Guide ISO 2
Read our whole review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!