Saucony Women's Triumph 17
The Triumph 17! Saucony has eliminated their ISO fit system for their 2020 shoes, so the Triumph goes back to a traditional naming scheme after 5 versions with the ISO name/system. Basically a complete revamp of the shoe, the Triumph 17 changes midsoles, outsoles, and uppers - creating an entirely different experience in the shoe. The Boost-like EVERUN is replaced by an even more Boost-like PWRRUN+ midsole, which is a little lighter, a little more springy, and a little softer.
Saucony Triumph ISO 5 vs Triumph 17
- Saucony has gone back to a more traditional lacing and fit system, replacing the somewhat polarizing ISO system with a technology that they're calling FORMFIT (that's a pretty simple and effective fit system, keeping your feet secure and comfortable), necessitating the name change
- While the change in name and fit system doesn't really make that much difference in overall feel, the rest of the updates do!
- Stepping into the shoe is much more comfortable - it's a really plush, premium experience
- The midsole has seen significant changes and the shoe is much higher, softer, yet also springier - the change in foam from EVERUN to PWRRUN+ is very noticeable
- Overall width is similar, but the toebox is much snugger - especially in terms of depth, but also width
- The revised foam and improved flexibility goes a long way towards making the shoe lighter - both on the scale and on-foot
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!