ASICS Men's GT-2000 v8
The ASICS GT-2000 v8!
With no big changes in the 2000 v7, the v8 brings a huge change with upper, midsole, and outsole changes. Let's see how the new one fits, feels, and functions!
The new GT-2000 v8 has been completely overhauled. With a new upper, midsole, and outsole - the 2000 v8 feels like a completely different shoe.
- The step-in feel is pretty similar, but once you stand up you notice an immediate difference in the v8
- It is lighter and softer than the v7 - while the weight is only slightly lighter on the scale, it feels much lighter on-foot
- ASICS has changed the blend of FlyteFoam in the midsole, creating a really nice lightweight, soft ride that's much more flexible and bouncy than the past few 2000s (and most current ASICS shoes generally)
- The upper has changed slightly, but the overall concept is similar - it's a engineered mesh that still has a decent amount of structure and printed overlays
- Width is pretty much unchanged - the new v8 might be slightly wider, but it's still a pretty traditional fit
- It's hard to imagine anyone being disappointed by this update to ASICS' classic guidance shoe