New Balance Men's 860 v.9
The above options are what we have available in-store. We're sorry, but Nike and New Balance policies prevent us from offering a convenient way to purchase this product online. Call us at 404-875-4268 to find out more about this product.
Lace up the new 860v9 and experience exceptionally responsive cushioning and reliable support when you hit the road for your run. The soft, durable TruFuse midsole delivers sustained cushioning, while a dual-density post helps ensure stability mile after mile, so you can go the distance.
There are a few changes with the new 860 v9 - While New Balance has stuck to the formula that has made the 860 their go-to stability shoe, the update tweaks the cushion and fit enough that it might be worth trying them on before re-ordering.
- The upper has changed from the 860 v8 - fewer overlays, a slightly different stitching to tighten up the fit, and most notably a shallower and more tapered toebox.
- New stitching and a new toebox design have narrowed up the overall shoe, and the toebox is noticeably shallower than the outgoing 860.
- The main change from a feel perspective is a softer ride with a more flexible transition
- This change might alienate runners and walkers who preferred the almost boot-like secure feel of the old 860s, but should gain some fans who like a softer, more performance-feel.
- The softer ride and better transition are a result of a slight midsole redesign with a few extra grooves
Read our whole review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!