Saucony Men's Freedom ISO 2
With the second generation of the Freedom ISO, Saucony has taken what they've learned from the first generation of Freedoms and made some design tweaks that slightly change the overall feel of the shoe. Overall, Freedom ISO fans should like the update and it should continue to win new fans with its lightweight, flexible upper and responsive yet soft midsole.
The Freedom ISO 2 follows the same formula as the original Freedom ISO - a full EVERUN midsole with a light and flexible sock-like upper. The fit and feel of the shoe is similar, but there are some slight changes:
Saucony Freedom ISO vs Saucony Freedom ISO 2:
- The only big change with the 2 is that Saucony has brought the Freedom back to be much more "true to size," so you don't have to go up a half (or full) size
- No significant changes to the midsole - the ride is almost identical in terms of softness/responsiveness
- There's a slightly more defined lateral heel bevel in the Freedom ISO 2, so the landing and transition feel is a little smoother
- The tongue is softer and a little more rounded in the Freedom ISO 2, eliminating any concern of that digging in when using lower (or no) socks
- Stability remains unchanged, although the addition of the heel bevel might make it a little more balanced (and not essentially biased toward the inside like the original Freedom)
Read the full Phidippides review Here
- Full-length EVERUNTM midsole for enhanced energy return and continuous cushioning throughout the run
- ISOKNIT dynamic upper that adapts to the shape and motion of the runner’s foot
- Streamlined support frame for the ideal heel fit and hold
- Highly durable TRI-FLEX crystal rubber outsole
- Pronation: None
- Cushion: Plush
- Construction Type: Neutral
- Surface: Road, Track
- Arch: High, Normal (Mid)
- Water Resistant: No
- Water Proof: No
- Offset: 4mm
- Heel: 22mm/Forefoot: 18mm
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!