Saucony Men's Guide 13
The new Saucony Guide 13! It's a completely new design for the Guide and even a naming convention change, with Saucony moving away from their ISO lacing technology and therefore dropping "ISO" from the name.
With a new midsole, outsole, upper, and support system, the Guide is a new shoe! It feels, fits, and functions different than the outgoing Guide ISO 2, but maybe not as much as all of the Saucony naming differences might lead you to believe. Here are the main changes:
Saucony Guide 13 vs Guide ISO 2
- The revised upper is the first thing you notice when trying on the Guide 13 - it is much plusher than the ISO 2
- Replacing the polarizing ISO system is a technology called FORMFIT - a much more traditional lacing and fit system
- Saucony has changed their midsole materials - EVERUN is out, and a similar material called PWRRUN takes its place - but the overall feel of the shoe is pretty similar
- PWRRUN is made of a similar TPU material as EVERUN, providing a little more cushion at a slightly lighter weight
- Overall weight of the shoe has increased slightly, but thanks to an slightly improved transition you don't really notice the heft
- You ride a little higher in the new Guide 13
- The overall platform seems to have narrowed up a little bit
- We're still evaluating the new stability system, which is a denser TPU guidance plate rather than a post - but that seems to be more marketing terminology than actual structural differences
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!