Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 16
Mizuno Wave Inspire 16 vs Wave Inspire 15
The Wave Inspire 16 doesn't deviate much from the 15, but the upper does have some slight tweaks, changing the fit a little bit. Despite no apparent outsole, midsole, or sock liner changes, the new 16 feels a little lower/firmer in the forefoot. This could just be manufacturing issue with our first shipment. Overall, Mizuno hasn't messed with their well-received Inspire 15 (and 14...).
- Weight is almost identical - Mizuno claims a slight weight decrease, but any differences would be so small that you wouldn't be able to notice it on-foot
- No claimed changes to the midsole or outsole, but the 16s that we have in-store seem to have a little less in the forefoot for some reason
- The forefoot just seems to be a little lower/deader in the 16 - similar to a Nike with a blown airbag
- The new upper provides a little bit better fit all-around, with more room in the toebox and a better heel fit - while feeling a little less boxy throughout the shoe
- The new WaveKnit version provides a modern look and fit
- Those who liked the Inspire 15 will have little to complain about with this update, especially if the "blown airbag" feel in the forefoot turns out to be an early production issue
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!