Nike Men's Air Zoom Vomero 14
A complete redesign for the Nike Vomero in its 14th version. The upper and midsole have seen big changes, giving the new Vomero a revamped ride. Let's see how the new one fits, feels, and functions!
The Vomero, traditionally Nike's max-cushion neutral trainer, get streamlined and slimmed down in the update. The 14 breaks from the fairly long and consistent tradition of soft, pillowly Vomeros and becomes a sleeker, lower (especially in the forefoot), faster shoe.
Nike Vomero 14 vs 13
- Basically a new shoe, the Air Zoom Vomero 14 is now much lower and responsive
- The midsole has been updated to provide a single, full-length zoom air unit with React foam
- The change to React foam has caused the Vomero to gain a slight amount of weight, but because of the responsive nature of the updates and overall lower stack heights you really can't tell when you have them on-foot
- The ride is much lower on the 14, especially in the forefoot, more flexible, and more responsive
- While you still have some cushion in the heel (not as plush as the 13s, but maybe equivalent to a Pegasus), the forefoot has very little there
- Fit has changed a little bit, with the upper being narrower, shallower, and having a pretty intrusive collar
- The first batch that we received in-store has had a noticeable (to everyone who has put them on) bulge in the middle of the forefoot - this could be a result of the much lower forefoot or a production issue, but something to look out for
Read the whole "Phidippides Review" here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!