ASICS Women's GT-2000 v8
The ASICS GT-2000 v8!
With no big changes in the 2000 v7, the v8 brings a huge change with upper, midsole, and outsole changes. Let's see how the new one fits, feels, and functions!
The new GT-2000 v8 has been completely overhauled. With a new upper, midsole, and outsole - the 2000 v8 feels like a completely different shoe.
- The step-in feel is pretty similar, but once you stand up you notice an immediate difference in the v8
- It is lighter and softer than the v7 - while the weight is only slightly lighter on the scale, it feels much lighter on-foot
- ASICS has changed the blend of FlyteFoam in the midsole, creating a really nice lightweight, soft ride that's much more flexible and bouncy than the past few 2000s (and most current ASICS shoes generally)
- The upper has changed slightly, but the overall concept is similar - it's a engineered mesh that still has a decent amount of structure and printed overlays
- Width is pretty much unchanged - the new v8 might be slightly wider, but it's still a pretty traditional fit
- It's hard to imagine anyone being disappointed by this update to ASICS' classic guidance shoe
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!