HOKA ONE ONE Women's Clifton 5
With the fifth generation of the Hoka Clifton, Hoka hasn't changed much from the Clifton 4. The Clifton 5's midsole and outsole are identical to the 4, and while the upper has changed a little it really doesn't effect the overall feel of the shoe. Overall, Clifton fans should like the update and it will continue to attract new runners and walkers who want the rocker feel that Hoka provides.
The Clifton 5 follows the same formula as the Cliftons that have come before it - a pretty soft EVA foam molded to provide Hoka's rocker feel, which is intended to create a super smooth transition and soft overall feel. The only real change is to the upper, and even that is a pretty insignificant tweak.
Hoka Clifton 5 vs Clifton 4:
- The only change with the 5 is that Hoka has greatly reduced the overlays and increased the breath-ability of the upper
- No changes to the midsole or outsole - the ride is identical in terms of softness/responsiveness/rocker
- We haven't seen much change to the fit due to the new upper.
- The new Clifton 5 is a little less tapered in the toebox, so it should be a little more accommodating up front
- Stability remains unchanged
Read the whole review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!