Brooks Women's Levitate 3
With the third generation of the Brooks Levitate, Brooks has not changed the overall formula of the shoe, but have made some important changes that make it critical to try on version 3 before purchasing. Overall, most Levitate fans should like the update and it should continue to win new fans with its mesh upper and responsive yet soft midsole.
The Levitate 3 follows the same formula as the Levitate 2 - a full AMP DNA midsole wrapped by TPU designed to provide a responsive, fast ride in a standard-weight neutral trainer. The Levitate 3 keeps the flexible sock-like knit upper, with some minor tweaks. The fit and feel of the shoe is similar, but there are some slight changes:
Brook Levitate 3 vs Levitate 2:
- No significant changes to the midsole or outsole - the ride is almost identical in terms of softness/responsiveness
- The knit upper has been tweaked a little bit- it provides plenty of flex, but wraps pretty snugly around your foot throughout the shoe
- The tongue is a more integrated into the knit upper, but it doesn't really change the feel or fit
- One big difference is that brooks has added a pull tab on the heel to assist with getting the shoe on - unfortunately, that change adds a seam to the back of the heel collar
- That seam runs a very high risk or irritating the achilles - the heel collar has been slightly reinforced and the addition of the seam is noticeable and a possible source of irritation
- Stability remains unchanged
Read the whole Phidippides Review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!